The changes page shows the latest modifications to the game.
Nanvaent help directory: Concepts: Cheating
Please email any further questions to firstname.lastname@example.org. You may also wish to have a look at the FAQ.
The following, amongst other things, are considered cheating and/or
punishable behaviour. In no apparent order:
* Racism, abuse or harassment of other people is possibly the worst
thing you can do. Punishment is swift and harsh.
* Swearing is tolerated. Abusive swearing is not.
* Exploitation of bugs is cheating. So is not reporting bugs that might be
exploited. If in doubt, ask an immortal.
* The use of multiple player characters is considered cheating. If these
characters do not, in *ANY WAY* interact, then multiple characters will
be tolerated. Having two or more characters on at the same time is
* Only one player is allowed to use a character. No character sharing,
whatsoever. This includes giving characters away.
* The use of a client to play Nanvaent while being away from the keyboard
for prolonged periods of time is considered cheating. We believe it goes
against the spirit of the game.
* Providing and receiving solutions to quests is cheating. It defeats the
purpose of the game and makes countless hours of hard work by Creators a
complete waste of time. Quest hints are tolerated.
* Deliberately losing your connection to Nanvaent while the "quit" command
doesn't work is considered cheating. Examples include being in combat and
* Limited player killing/stealing in the spirit of the game is allowed but
not encouraged. Action WILL be taken to curb antisocial behaviour.
* Creators or Addicts abusing their positions will be dealt with severely.
* Trial Creators should in no way interact with the game, so don't ask them
to help you out. Ask a Creator or Lord instead.
* Creators providing players with custom or special skills/commands
is considered an act of gross misconduct and will be dealt with severely.
* Creators circumventing, or trying to circumvent Nanvaent Security
will be stomped upon from a great height.
* Creators wasting memory by having huge, stupid and pretty much
useless shadows or personal items will suffer great wrath.
* Anything else the Gods consider unfair will also be deemed as cheating if
they so desire. :-)
By order of the Supreme Grand Council of Nanvaent 7745/92 (Under Executive
Order 334/23/92) cheaters are liable for summary zapping. Perhaps
repeatedly, and possibly total erasure.
You have been warned. You will be caught!
courtesy, harassment, punishment